8th Day (Aug, 14th 2017)



The right view when we cross the bridge in Samchuk Market.

Because I have nothing to do in 6th and 7th days, I am just cleaning up and take a rest so I will just tell about my 9th day here in Lopburi, Thailand. Ajarn Nook's family brought me and my friends to Samchuk's 100 old-years market in Suphanburi. I was really happy after Ajarn Nook tell me before the day we went. So, here is a little information about Samchuk :

According to Thai Blog, One of the better preserved traditional markets in Thailand can be found in Suphanburi Province. It is called Sam Chuk 100 Year Market and it still has its original wooden shophouses that date back to the reign of King Rama V. In those days it was a bustling market alongside the Tha Chin River. This was a main thoroughfare between the north and Bangkok. However, with the building of roads both the importance of the market and the number of customers dwindled. It got to the point that the local authority were contemplating on pulling down the old houses to build condominiums.

This the old house inside Samchuk Market.
I bought thai tea. I really like it!

This tree is 100 years old, the local people said.

A lot of wind chimes were sell.

In old kwetiaw shop.

Old camera. Very cool!

The view in the river.

We ride the boat. I love it~

Fortunately, the local people decided to work together to revive the market. They have done such an outstanding job that this year UNESCO gave them an Award of Merit in recognition of their achievement. It is certainly one of the better old market that I have visited. These days, markets in Thailand seemed to all sell the same thing with clothes and tacky objects for the home and kitchen. Markets open for tourists also tend to have the same cheap souvenirs. However, Sam Chuk Market is more of a living museum where they have carefully blended the past and present.

The moment in the boat.





So that's all, if you come to Thailand someday and want to see the old home of Thai style, you can visit this place by riding a boat from the Samchuk market. You can just pay 50 bath. Anyway, there is a lot of ancient things that you may not found it in the city. Such a great trip! Thank you so much Ajarn Nook's family for taking care of us, for trying so hard to explain anything to me because I ask to many questions. Hehehe... I feel like I'm having my own family here. We love you so much! :)

After the trip, we went back to Ajarn Nook's house to had a family dinner. Ajarn Nook's family even cooking a lot for us. It was very delicious but I am already full. So sorry because I ate a lot. Hihi :D 

Anyway, busy day are ahead. Fighting guys!



With love, 

-NAH

Comments

Popular Posts